DCL is looking for a training coordinator to support and assist the training and development team. This candidate will conduct training and development programs for employees with a focus on the job training. The programs would include but are not limited to quality control, work measurement, manufacturing methods, safety, and work instructions. To assist in the development of solutions that meet clients’ expectations.
• Provide job-related orientation for new Associates and re-fresher training for current associates for site policies
• Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant fields at all times
• Monitor, measure, and report in staff training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and time
• Facilitate shift training on safety, operations, quality, standard updates, and procedure updates.
• Facilitate safety training and Associate awareness of regulatory requirements including general awareness and function specific hazardous material handling
• Implement OJT training programs, as required, to improve site performance
• Conduct and supervise training and development programs for employees
• Plan and deliver OJT training courses and programs necessary to meet training need while keeping in consultation with department heads
• Ensure all training information is entered into the data base.
• Design training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs
• Arrange for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for staff training and development, establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development
• Issue all certification cards, ID badges, and Safety card to all associates with new hire and renewals
• Answer (or find the answer) to any questions associates may have
• Work closely with Management team and the operations department to help insure that the business/operational needs are being met
• Ensure all staffing changes are accurately reflected in the database and in the training files. All Associates no longer with the company should have their files pulled and placed with HR file to be retained based on retention timeline
• Make and maintain supply of forms, orientation packets, and safety packets
• Ensure all information is communicated with your manager
• Special requirements (OT, vision, strength, etc.). Need to be flexible with scheduling, could be required to change days and hours of work for training purposes
• Will also be required to complete any tasks that are assigned by any member of the Management Team.
Skills and Knowledge:
• High school diploma or GED; some College preferred
• 2 years’ experience in training and/or warehousing
• Knowledge of inventory management procedures and warehouse terminology and practices required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Positive and pleasant attitude, and excellent “people” skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• STRONG confidentially skills
• Able to work un-supervised, will run office at times without Manager present